Testing and Tagging Specialists
2022 update to Test & Tag standard : AS/NZS 3760:2022
"IT IS NOW a requirement to keep records of testing and inspection with a register of all equipment that is inspected/tested. This essentially means everyone testing and tagging must keep a register of all equipment that is tested. For anyone offering test and tag as a service provider (as a 3rd party) they will be required to document exact test measurements for every test performed, rather than a simple pass or fail.
AS/NZS 3760:2022 Testing and tagging reporting MUST capture values for Earth continuity resistance, InsulationResistance and Leakage Current.”
Baytag Electrical Testing and Tagging Est. in 2017 we're a 100% NZ owned & operated, servicing the Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Auckland. We test to AS/NZS 3760:2022 standard, assisting businesses, trades, not for profit organisations, engineering/ mechanical workshops, schools, motels, supermarkets, pack houses, vehicle dealerships & aged care facilities meet their electrical compliance requirements.
Our primary focus is the delivery of an affordable premium quality, minimum disruption to your business testing and tagging service. To ensure our high standards are maintained, we don't take on more work that we can manage ourselves, we don't sub-contract out your job to a third party and we stand by all our work 100%
We don't offer any additional repair type services, so our customers are never left wondering if there's a conflict of interest, where we're looking to generate income from identifying issues.
Our values and principles are firmly hinged on delivering an affordable premium grade service and building enduring lasting customer relationships.
Electrical safety inspections & the law
The Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010 require all electrical equipment and fittings that are available for use in the workplace, in rental or leased accommodation, or are offered for hire, to be electrically SAFE.
There simply is no escaping that in todays world Safety & Compliance is a necessary part of doing business, testing and tagging in accordance with AS/NZS 3760:2022 in our opinion is THE BEST, auditable, most robust, cost effective processes you can implement to ensure the Electrical Safety for your staff in the work place.
The second benefit is for the Employer, should an accident occur (and they do), if you’re able show that your business is compliant you are in less risk of being prosecuted under the Health and Safety in Employment Act.
Why BAYTAG Electrical Test and Tag?
- Transparency - detailed comprehensive machine generated report with every job
- All testing is carried out to New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 3760:2022
- Your job is completed by an experienced, certified technician.
- We charge a per Test & Tag rate, NO hourly rate on top of tag rate.
- Printed Tags with a QR coded for traceability & your business details.
- We test on-site and work with you to minimise down time and absolute minimum disruption.
- Our testers are certified and calibrated annually
- Peace of mind 'reminder service' means we'll contact you to remind you when your next testing is due
- Inability to explain the Testing & Tagging process (or poor communication, need I say more)
- Simple 'Pass/Fail' test reporting - NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE from 2022
- Doesn't provide detailed appliance leakage & numerical values in reporting - NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE from 2022
**ask for a sample report ensuring that the above values are reported as part of the service
- Computers and machinery not shutdown, the biggest WARNING sign they're not being tested properly
- CHEAP tag rates, let's be honest, you get what you pay for stands tried and true here.
*IF your provider is getting through over 200 tags regularly per day, YOU need to watch what's going on.
Other things we're regularly asked
- Evidence of Test and Tag Certification or other relevant qualifications
- How long have you been in business?
- Registered business details & GST registration
- Evidence of Business Indemnity Insurance
- Evidence in service calibrated testing equipment certification
- Will the work be sub-contracted out?
- Provide a sample report with detailed test measurements
- Evidence of our H&S Policy
- Have you ever been prosecuted, or are you currently under investigation, for any breech of the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992, Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, Amendments or Regulations?
Do your due diligence
Getting this wrong will most likely leave you and your business exposed
"Very professional, explained what he was expected to do in each department. Asked each department manager when he was permitted to come in so it didn't interrupt their work schedule. Kept the environment free from to much disruption. Information relayed to myself when a equipment needed to be repaired. Thank you"
- H&S Compliance Manager New World
"For peace of mind safety compliance testing on electrical tools,
Futura Property Services contract preferred supplier Baytag Electrical Testing & Tagging.
The service is prompt, and at your site, minimising valuable downtime."
– Bill, Futura Property Services
"Excellent service from Parry from start to finish. Turned up on time and completed the job as required adding a few extras in last minute, great work, professional & down to earth attitude!"
- Jon, Escape Rooms Tauranga
"I have found that BayTag are very thorough in their performance and willing to assist with possible solutions where there are failures. I would have no hesitation in recommending BayTag to others. "
- Chris, Matua Bowls
Contact us for an obligation free quote.
Working safe might get old but so do those that practice it.
©2017 BAYTAG Limited