The Law and Electrical safety inspections.
The Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010 require all electrical equipment and fittings that are available for use in the workplace, in rental or leased accommodation, or are offered for hire, to be electrically SAFE.
There simply is no escaping that in todays world Safety & Compliance are a necessary part of every business and organisation, testing and tagging in accordance with AS/NZS 3760:2010 in our opinion is THE BEST, auditable, most robust, cost effective processes you can implement to ensure the electrical safety your staff in the work place.
The second benefit is for the Employer, should an accident occur (and they do), if you’re able show that your business is compliant you are in less risk of being prosecuted under the Health and Safety in Employment Act.
Why contact BAYTAG Electrical Test and Tag?
- Transparency - we provide you with a copy of the testing table & how that applies to your business
- All testing is carried out to New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 3760:2010
- Your job is completed by an experienced, certified technician.
- We ONLY charge a per tag rate.
- All our Tags are printed with a QR coded for traceability & your business details.
- We test on-site and work with you to minimise down time and ensure any disruption is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Our PAT testers are certified and calibrated annually for accuracy.
- Our standard service offer includes a detailed comprehensive machine generated report. (not just a Pass/Fail result)
- Peace of mind reminder service means we'll contact you to remind you when your next testing is due
- NO charge for site visits or quotes
Red flags, to look out for
- Simple 'Pass/Fail' test result reporting or Excel spreadsheet - how do YOU know its been tested correctly?
- Numerical values for resistance, leakage and voltage are a must.
*Reluctance to provide this as part of a standard service should make you fell concerned.
- Hand written incomplete tags
- Missing 'tested to AS/NZS 3760' reference on tags
- Tagging fixed wired items (These are exempt from Test and Tagging)
- Experience matters, don't be afraid to ask how long they've been testing and tagging
- PAT Test equipment should be calibrated annually and within the service dates.
- Check for your selected providers Test and Tag Certification or other relevant qualifications
- They're up-to-date with the standards AS/NZS 3760 & can they demonstrate they hold a copy
- Test and Tag service provider isn't shutting down computers and machinery, they're not testing things correctly
- CHEAP tag rates, let's be honest, you get what you pay for stands tried and true here.
*IF your provider is getting through over 200 tags regularly per day, YOU need to watch what's going on.
- Check they hold Business Indemnity Insurance
- POOR communication or inability to explain the Testing process
Testing and Tagging Specialists
Locally owned and operated serving the Bay of Plenty and Waikato regions specialising in
Electrical Testing & Tagging to AS/NZS 3760:2010 standard, we assist businesses, trades not for profit organisations, engineering workshops, schools, motels, & aged care facilities meet their electrical compliance requirements.
Our primary focus is the delivery of an affordable premium quality service, to ensure our high standards are maintained, we don't take on more work that we can manage ourselves and as a result we don't sub-contract out your job to a third party and we stand by all our work 100%
We don't offer any additional repair type services, so our customers are never left wondering if there's a conflict of interest where we're looking to generate income from identifying issues.
Our values and principles are firmly hinged on delivering to your requirements and
building enduring lasting client relationships.
"Very professional, explained what he was expected to do in each department. Asked each department manager when he was permitted to come in so it didn't interrupt their work schedule. Kept the environment free from to much disruption. Information relayed to myself when a equipment needed to be repaired. Thank you"
Roberta / Compliance Manager
"Excellent service from Parry from start to finish. Turned up on time and completed the job as required adding a few extras in last minute, great work and such a professional down to earth attitude!"
Jon / Escape Rooms Tauranga
Contact us for an obligation free site visit or quote.
Working safe might get old but so do those that practice it.
©2017 BAYTAG Limited