Electrical Testing and Tagging Specialist
Locally owned and operated serving the Bay of Plenty and Waikato regions specialising in
Electrical Testing & Tagging to AS/NZS 3760:2010 standard, we assist businesses, trades not for profit organisations, engineering workshops, schools, motels, & aged care facilities meet their electrical compliance requirements.
Our primary focus is the delivery of an affordable premium quality service, to ensure our high standards are maintained, we don't take on more work that we can manage ourselves and as a result we don't sub-contract out your job to a third party and we stand by all our work 100%
We don't offer any additional repair type services, so our customers are never left wondering if there's a conflict of interest where we're looking to generate income from identifying issues.
Our values and principles are firmly hinged on delivering to your requirements and
building enduring lasting client relationships.
The Law and Electrical safety inspections.
The Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010 require all electrical equipment and fittings that are available for use in the workplace, in rental or leased accommodation, or are offered for hire, to be electrically SAFE.
There simply is no escaping that in todays world Safety & Compliance are a necessary part of every business and organisation, testing and tagging in accordance with AS/NZS 3760:2010 in our opinion is THE BEST, auditable, most robust, cost effective processes you can implement to ensure the electrical safety your staff in the work place.
The second benefit is for the Employer, should an accident occur (and they do), if you’re able show that your business is compliant you are in less risk of being prosecuted under the Health and Safety in Employment Act.
Why BAYTAG Electrical Test and Tag?
- We ONLY charge a per tag rate, so you know what you're up for cost wise up front.
- All our testing is carried out to New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 3760:2010
- Your job is completed by an experienced, certified technician.
- All our Tags are QR coded for traceability & your business details.
- We test on-site and work with you to minimise down time and ensure any disruption is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Our PAT testers are certified and calibrated annually for accuracy.
- Our standard service offer includes a detailed comprehensive machine generated report. (not just a Pass/Fail result)
- Peace of mind reminder service means we'll contact you to remind you when your next testing is due
- We don't charge for calls, quotes or site visits
Red flags, to look out for
- Simple 'Pass/Fail' test result reporting - your selected Test & Tag provider should provide you with numerical values for resistance, leakage and voltage. Reluctance to provide this as part of a standard service or for an extra charge should make you fell concerned.
- Noncompliant tags missing 'tested to AS/NZS 3760' reference, incomplete test date and re-test dates
- Reused tags or generic tags saying '12 month tag' are unacceptable
- Tagging fixed wired items (which are exempt)
- Experience, ask how long they've been testing and tagging
- IF their test equipment is calibrated and within the service dates.
- Check for Test and Tag Certification or other relevant qualifications
- Are they up-to-date with the standards AS/NZS 3760 & can they demonstrate they hold a copy
- If your Test and Tag service provider is not shutting down computers and machinery, they're not testing things correctly
- CHEAP tag rates, let's be honest, you get what you pay for stands tried and true here. Cheap tag rates generally means upping daily volume or having the apprentice or trainee doing the work, both can comprise a quality outcome.
*IF your provider is getting through over 200 tags regularly per day, YOU need to watch what's going on.
- Check they hold Business Indemnity Insurance
- Last but not least, it seems pretty obvious - POOR communication, If you're struggling with them on this prior to hiring them then need I say more?
Non-compliant tags are simply a waste of your money, always check that you are using properly trained and fully qualified testing and tagging specialist with up to date information on current standards and regulations.
Contact me today for a no obligation quote.
Bay of Plenty local and passionate about assisting our clients meet their safety goals.
m. 021 1010 394